Monday, October 13, 2008

Henrietta's Quilt Part 3


In June of this year Henrietta And her Granddaughter brought the Dresden Plate quilt top and another quilt top that was made up of butterflies done in Batiks.
We discussed how I was going to quilt the two tops and she decided to let me quilt them however I felt they needed to be done.
I decided to quilt them with a Dresden plate mofit set ( designed by Deb Geissler) in the corners where the blocks connected and simple medium stippling surrounding them and the applique.
For the borders I used the same Dresden plate pattern in the corners with Debs matching border design. The applique was quilted 1/4 inch in side with a small flower design in the center square.
What the Judges told me they liked about the quilting that it was simple and fit the design of the applique. This quilt also took Judges choice.
If anyone would like to make this quilt I am going to try to upload the pattern for the applique in the next several days.
This quilts finnished size was 68x72 the cost for quilting was $175.00
Happy Quilting
Sharon@sweetlandofquilts.com

No comments: